Sunday, September 28, 2008

Moments of joy

Yesterday I received a check in the mail for $200.00. While it would have been exciting to get a personal check for that amount, it was more exciting to see that the check was made out to "Equality for All", my current raison d'etre. On top of the generous donation, add the surprise that it came from a sibling of the Alpha Delta Phi Society who graduated from college more than 30 years before me, a sibling who let me know that he is a registered Republican.

This almost made me cry. I almost cry a lot about this campaign. I would like to write more about it, but I desperately need to do my reading for class, and so I must leave this post short and very, very sweet.

1 comment:

at_resonance said...

Awwww. I think there are way more pro-gay rights Republicans than the party would like to let on. I'd like to think my dad is one of them, but after I found out he's anti-choice, I've kind of avoided talking politics with him.

p.s. You know I would totally send money if I could, but I have a negative income right now.... But you definitely have my moral support. For whatever that's worth. It's unfortunate that younger people, who are more supportive of the cause, are less with the moneys than the old folks.