Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lighter notes

I am TAing right now for Writing about Music, which means it's time for the list of Music I Love/Music I Hate choices that my students have made. This year we allowed them to do one or the other, instead of both. Without further ado, here are their selections:

LOVE
"Mr. Brightside," The Killers
Tristan und Isolte [sic], Richard Wagner as conducted by Esa-Pekka Salonen
"Since I Left You," The Avalanches
"Erbarme dich, mein Gott" from the St. Matthew Passion, J. S. Bach
"Bei Männern, welche Liebe fuhlen [sic]" from The Magic Flute, W. A. Mozart
"Hallelujah," Rufus Wainwright
"Killin' It," Foxy Shazam
"Bend and not Break," Dashboard Confessional

HATE
"Itch," Ani DiFranco
"I Gotta Feeling," Black Eyed Peas
"Riot: April 26th, 1992," Sublime

Again, there is sadly no overlap between the two categories. Also, as usual, the people who chose classical music generally didn't have a particular performer in mind, so I just took the first ones YouTube had to offer.

No comments: