Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Remiss

Hello internet friends. I am sorry it has been so long since last I posted. New York life has been busier than anticipated, what with several trips back and forth to my parents' place and to the post office. Fun fact: packages don't so much get "delivered" in my neighborhood. They get brought to the post office and hidden in a giant room full of other packages. There are two very small women who then hunt around the giant box room looking for the right one(s), and if they find them they push them at you through a plexiglass airlock. If they don't find them, they are sorry and there is nothing they can do about it.

My bedroom is shaping up to be a bedroom, with the addition of an all-important item. Yep, you guessed it: a bed. Actually, it's a mattress on the floor, but it's better than the floor by itself. I have also added a dresser, a nightstand, a fan (yay, high of 100 today! In Celsius, that's like a million or something. Or 6. I can't remember my Canadian units anymore.), and an hedgehog. The hedgehog in question has been busily exploring the new digs, and seems to have decided that he likes this place. He has yet to investigate anything outside my bedroom; we will see what he thinks of the or rooms.

I will try to post more regularly, but for now that must be all. It is too hot to think of full sentences.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Indeed it is too hot to think... or move.... or breathe really... ugh. But it can't last forever! Meanwhile, so glad to hear that said hedgehog is back with you and exploring. Hugs to all!

-The Rock Diva