Friday, August 19, 2011

Inconveniences

Last night, somebody hacked into my iTunes store account and stole what remained of the gift certificate I received for my birthday. The mysterious person used my gift certificate to buy something called KingdomConquest, and I have spent far too much time trying to figure out how to re-secure my account and get the money back.

Today, I stubbed my toe. This is not an uncommon occurrence, as I am quite clumsy and have no depth perception. What is uncommon is that I seem to have stubbed it exactly on the toenail, which has turned black and is amazingly painful for such a small and superfluous body part.

Many of my students seem unable to form coherent English sentences, and I can't tell whether or not this is due to a language barrier. If it is a language barrier, I'm pretty much flummoxed as to how to overcome it without either a writing center or loads of extra time to help them with their English.

None of these things is world-shaking. All of these things are annoying.

Now I will lie on the couch with my injured foot elevated, watch Deep Space Nine, drink smoothies, and eat watermelon. That should help me ignore the annoyances.

No comments: