Friday, April 3, 2009

IOWA

Playlist for today:


1. "Iowa" by Dar Williams

2. "Iowa Stubborn" from The Music Man

3. "I Know All I Owe I Owe Iowa" from State Fair

4. "Iowa Waltz" by Greg Brown

5. "Iowa" by Slipknot (I've never heard this one, actually. Google gave it to me.)

If you have anything else to add to the list, please do. In case you haven't heard, this morning the Iowa Supreme Court unanimously found in favor of Varnum in Varnum v. Brien, legalizing gay marriage in Iowa starting in three weeks.

Unanimously. In California, we won our first marriage case 4-3. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face, happy tears. Thank you to everyone involved in the case, if you happen to read this. We're going to have to fight to keep it, but for right now I'll just bask in it.

No comments: