Thursday, March 3, 2011

Exercise, my foot!

So when I was in DC visiting the boyfriend, I stupidly strained a ligament or something in my left foot while we were walking around. Not that I chose to do it; I just wore stupid shoes. My foot got very sore, but it went away (mostly) by the next day. Since then, every time I walk or run for a long distance, it has hurt again, though not badly.

So what did I decide to do yesterday? Walk upwards of six miles. Today, I am sitting with my foot up and an ice pack on it, popping Motrin and hoping I can make it down the stairs at some point.

This is why you should never wear flip-flops when traveling long distances. If you find yourself in a situation where you might be tempted to do so, much better to take them off and go barefoot.

This has been a public service announcement from your completely unlicensed podiatrist.

No comments: