Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Disjointed

Students gave final presentations today. Despite numerous technology problems, they all eventually happened! Now I just have to grade all of their papers by Friday so they can give me even better papers to grade next Wednesday.


The dissertation seminar that I have been coordinating has had its final meeting postponed from tomorrow to next Tuesday, so that's a thing I don't have to do tomorrow.

All was going pretty well until someone decided that publicly scolding me on a listserv for not doing something I never agreed to do was a great way to end her day. Just as I was about to go to bed, I am instead seething with useless anger. I am actually shaking right now, but that could be because we've had a sudden cold snap between when I left this morning and when I came home tonight, and I still have no heat.

All I want to do is go to bed and listen to the glorious howling of the uncharacteristically fierce and persistent wind storm that tried to steal my earrings when I walked home from the bus stop this evening. Instead, maybe I will punch the wall, mutter under my breath, and then go to bed and listen to the throbbing of the vein in my temple.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

But guess what! We are going to quit! I've decided that it is to be so. I've decided that we cannot spend our energy on these people anymore. Think of all of the amazing things we will be able to spend our energy on instead! Namely: EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD. Things like: cheese! chocolate! puppies! Batman! Falling asleep! These are but some of the things we will be able to devote our energy to instead! Oh, what a glorious day it will be! When I come see you in New York we can draft a joint letter of resignation and it will be a joyous occasion to end all joyous occasions.