Monday, January 31, 2011

Adventures in non-cooking

Dear readers, I want to share with you a wonderful new kitchen experiment that has been engaging me lately. I call it Unbakeable cookie dough. Inspired initially by one roommate's sweet tooth and the other's insatiable hunger for eggs (and our resultant inability to keep any in the house for longer than a day), I whipped up a batch of cookie dough that had no eggs and no baking soda, and that therefore would have been a soggy mess in the oven. It was pretty good, but once we put it in the freezer for an hour or so, it was fantastic! Since then, I have made about four or five different batches of unbakeables, each time with a different flavor in mind. Today's is the best: orange spice cookie dough. Cinnamon, ginger, coriander, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice go in with the flour (and a pinch of salt in you're using unsalted butter), and put in a little more orange extract than you would vanilla extract in normal chocolate chip cookie dough. Even before the freeze, SO GOOD! After the freeze, I can only guess that it will be ambrosia.

Oh, and we add soy milk to replace the egg liquid, but you can use anything you want.

Next up: booze.

1 comment:

ruby said...

Sounds interesting.
Sounds delicious.
I want to see / or have the recipe.
please.