Friday, January 28, 2011

Liquidity

Sometimes, a cup of tea is the solution to absolutely everything. One of the many reasons I admire Jean-Luc Picard—he knew that.


Yesterday I had an unintentional almost-liquid-diet day, and let me tell you when you are very dehydrated, a liquid diet is just amazing. Here is my menu:

Smoothie (orange juice, a banana, frozen strawberries, and hemp protein, all courtesy of Trader Joe)

Cup of peppermint tea (Celestial Seasonings brand, no milk or sugar added)

Potato soup (water, potatoes, onions, celery, garlic, soy milk, dill, and Penzey's Spices "Tsar Dust Memories") and a slice of homemade bread

A few handfuls of trail mix (salted roasted peanuts, unsalted dry toasted almond slivers, sweetened dried cranberries, chocolate chips)

Lentil and wheat berry stew (lentils, wheat berries, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, lots of red wine, water, mustard, bay, paprika, and Penzey's "Bavarian Seasoning" blend) and another slice of homemade bread

Lots and lots of water


All of it was wonderful, and I am currently continuing it with a perfect cup of English Breakfast tea (decaf, with sugar and soy milk). If you are suffering from dry everything, as I have been known to do in the terribly overheated buildings of NY in the winter, this is a great way to regain a little of your lost moisture.


I feel like I'm shilling for a weird new diet plan, but really I just wanted to share with you the delicious food I had yesterday. In terms of diet plans, I obviously recommend the Hollywood Cookie Diet, because what could possibly go wrong?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you sick? Or is the cold NY weather making everything dry?

CelloShots said...

NY in winter is just another way of saying dehydration. It's like the weather and the radiators combine to suck all the moisture out of you like a small packet of desiccant (do not eat).