Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Does the thought count?

Some of my friends have given up silly things for Lent, like refined sugar and all forms of chocolate. This saddens me. I decided to make cookies that they could all eat, sugar free and chocolate free. Of course, I had to make things difficult and try to make chocolate chip cookies without chocolate through the miracle of carob.

Bad idea.

What nobody seems to have tried before is combining carob chips with honey-sweetened cookie dough. What results is spongy cookies with burned carob chips. Totally, totally gross.

I'm on the fourth small test pan now, and pan #3 was at least edible, after adding agave nectar to decrease the sponginess and increase the sweetness and adding aluminum foil
to decrease the burned-ness.

But still, all they do is make me want real cookies. Can I, in good conscience, feed these to people I actually like?

No comments: